PMTL provides various industrial sectors with calibration and testing activities and conducting scientific research that offers practical solutions to industrial problems according to international standards. This is in addition to training and consultancy services related to these fields. Our laboratory is accredited by Egyptian Accreditation Council (EGAC) in measuring tensile strength for plastics and rubbers.
Calibration of Hardness Tester (Shore A & Shore D).
- Measurement of physical and chemical properties of polymers (Plastics, Rubber, Foam, Paints… etc.)
- Measurement of hardness (Shore A & Shore D)
- Measurement of density & viscosity
- Rheological measurements for rubber
- Abrasion resistance for rubber
- Resilience testing
- Fatigue testing
- Impact resistance for plastics
- Plasticity for rubber
- Melt flow index for plastics
- Dynamic mechanical thermal analysis
- Loss modules / storage modules and glass transition tempura for polymers
Training and consultancy
- PMTL provides technical consultancy for the Egyptian industry, universities and research centers.
- PMTL conducts workshops and training sessions for polymer metrology & applications.
- PMTL helps the Egyptian industry solving production problems based on scientific research basics.
Providing practical solutions to industrial problems based on advanced scientific research focused on seven main topics:
Polymer composites and nanocomposites
Certified reference material
Adhesion of polymers to other materials
Polymer morphology and structure property relationship
polymer and organic solar cells
Examples of some instruments exist in PMTL
- Tensile testing machine
- elongation, compression, bending, tear for different types of materials such as: rubbers, plastics, foams, cords, textiles, etc. in the range (100N:10kN)
- Melt Flow Index
- It determines the rate of flow for thermoplastic materials
- High Temperature Gel Permeation Chromatography (HT-GPC)
- Measurement of molecular weights (Mw,Mn, PDI,…),
- viscosity and branching of polymers, at temperature range (30:2200 C)
- Dynamic Mechanical Thermal Analysis (DMTA)
- It measures different polymer properties such as:
- Storageand loss modulus, glass transition temperature (Tg), creep and stress relaxation, damping property (Tan δ), crosslink densities, …. etc.
- Hardness Tester & Calibration
- Calibration of hardness testers (shore A & D)
- Testing the hardness of rubber (shore A) and plastic materials (shore D).
El Swedy Cables