Radiometry is the field of metrology related to the physical measurement of the properties of the optical portion of the electromagnetic radiation, including all spectral regions from the ultraviolet (UV) to the visible (VIS) and infrared (IR).
The mission of the radiometry laboratory is to realize, maintain and disseminate the radiometric quantities such as the spectral power responsivity of different optical detectors, (A/W or V/W), and spectral irradiance of light sources or irradiated surfaces, (W/cm2).
Our Activities and services
Optical radiation measurement is one of the main areas of metrology developed and realized at NMIs and distributed by them to many users in the industrial, retail, engineering and scientific communities. Some of our applications are in the areas of astrophysics, metrology and atmospheric physics, material science, Airplane and Petroleum companies, solar energy research centers, manufacture of light sources companies, phototherapy, pharmaceutical manufactures, microbiology laboratories and water purification companies,…..etc.
- UVA Optical radiometers peaked at 365 nm, measured in µW/cm2.
- UVC Optical radiometers peaked at 254 nm, measured in µW/cm2.
- UVB Optical radiometers peaked at 312 nm, measured in µW/cm2.
- Phototherapy radiometers at 450 nm.
- Spectral power responsivity of different optical detectors, 250 nm – 1100 nm, measured in (A/W) or (V/W).
- Precision of spectroradiometers.
- Precision of spectroscopy of FTIR spectrometers.
- Measuring the spectral power distribution of ultraviolet sources, 250 nm – 400 nm.
- Measuring the spectral power distribution of optical sources, 250 nm – 1700 nm.
- Performance of UV lamps in biological safety cabinets.
- Linearity of optical detectors.
- Spatial responsivity of optical detectors.
- Irradiance of phototherapy Luminaires.
- Training courses
- Optical measurements and its applications.
- General course in radiometry science and its application.
- Ultraviolet radiation, measurement ,applications, and Hazards
- Performance of Phototherapy Equipments.
Our standard devices
- Standard Silicon Trap detector 300nm to 1000nm.
- Standard Filter Radiometer.
- Spectroradiometer working in the range from 250 nm to 1700 nm.
- Standard optical sources emit in the range from 250 nm to 2400 nm.
- Calibrated optical detectors working in the range from 250 nm to 1100 nm..
- Incandescent lamps 1000 W.
- Mercury arc lamps 500 W.
- Calibrated radiometers at 254 nm, 365 nm , 312nm , and 450 nm.
- Standard radiometer for measuring the power and energy of lasers.
- Optical Pyroelectric radiometer scanner to measure photo-radiation in watts.
Our most common customers
- Aero plane Engine factory.
- Petroleum Services Company.
- The Arabic industrial organization.
- Medical Product Company.
- Aircraft Maintenance Companies.
- Engine Companies.
- Lamp manufacturers and suppliers.
- Various medical phototherapy centers.
- Phototherapy hospitals.